Wednesday, February 11, 2009

18 Months...Finally

Charlie is finally 18 months. He can legally go to nursery now to catch all of those nasty viruses he keeps bringing home. He had his 18 month check up the other day and measured in at 34 inches tall (one more inch and then he can ride the Matterhorn) and 23 1/2 pounds. They asked how many words he knew, supposedly he needs to know and use at least 7-10 words. So I was thinking of how many he actually knows. (One day I will copy this list into his baby book)

Mama
Dada
Nana
Papa
Grammie
keys
birdie
doggy
woof woof
quack quack
duck
apple
car
trash truck (well, his rendition of it at least)
shoes
block
ball
peaches
green beans
string cheese
cheese
bread
sandwich (well, sort of)
cracker
yogurt
waffle
spoon
bath
water
Charlie
name


I think that is all of them. He loves talking. He has said other words, repeating them after we say them, but he has yet to repeat them on his own without us prodding him. He does know a couple of signs and the silly thing is he does not say the words that correspond with those signs. Good thing he doesn't know that many. Some words we are waiting for him to say that he uses signs for:

milk
more
all done
eat
poop (working on this one for Grammie :) She will love it when Dave can get him to say it in front of her. Not really, but Uncle Steve will. )

We are very proud of Charlie and all of his accomplishments and look forward to the day we wish he would just be quiet.

1 comment:

Mike and Shelby said...

you will be so glad you made this list one day! I always thought I'd remember all these little details. DUH!!! I can't even remember when Lauren cut her first tooth! Good for you. (And good for Charlie!)