Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Fourth of July

The Fourth of July started off early.  Dave and I participated in the Lake Forest Firecracker 5k Run.  I can't say we ran in it because Dave ran and I jogged/walked.  One of these days I will get my body up to 3 miles of continuous running.  I am still at only 1.5 miles.  It was still a lot of fun.  Dave finished in 22 minutes and I finished in 41 minutes (which is still a personal best for me by 4 minutes).  The person who did win the 5k completed it with a mile pace of 5 minutes and 50 seconds, which translates to about 18 minutes for the whole 3.1 miles.  That is totally wild.

After the 5k we "ran" home to get the boys and headed over to the ward pancake breakfast.  There is nothing like some heavy pancakes and sausage after an early morning run.  We enjoyed the company and had some fun before heading back home to go to the always exciting Lake Forest 4th of July Parade.  The boys seemed to really enjoy it.  They especially like the fire engine, the trash truck, and the candy that the parade participants would throw.

































After the parade we headed home for lunch and some nap time for Chris.  Later that afternoon we headed out to the Mission Viejo Street Fair, Red Robin for dinner, and the Lake Forest club for fire works.

1 comment:

Amy said...

I can see why they loved the garbage truck!! It's decked out! :)